About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Monday 12 May 2014

May Craft Club - Inks Explored!

We all had a play with inks, stamps, stencils, stickles and liquid pearls today. Here's a quick reminder of some of the stages as we built up the layers on our ATCs. (if you click on any photograph it will be bigger)


First we inked with 3 different shades or colours of Distress inks. We then did "pat-a-cake" with water on our hands to drop water over the ink which we lifted with kitchen roll. We then added layers with stencils and stamps and added a little glitter glue or perfect pearls to finish off.

Here's some in orange and the brown butterfly ATC I did as the demonstration. I used another one as a card topper just by adding it to some patterned paper with ribbon.






I completely forgot to take photos of everyone's creations today but fortunately remembered to catch one set.













Oh and here's a reminder of the fun we had in both a before and during photo of the table!









1 comment:

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi BJ, wow, these are amazing. Another technique I have to try. Love how they came out, I shall be case-ing, lol. Just popping in to say thanks for that info on my labels, I had no idea they took so long to load! I've moved them into my sidebar now, so that should help.I really appreciate you telling me, I know how irritating I find a slow website to be! Hugs, Shaz xx